FARMING • FOOD • LODGE
Sustainable Forestry & Sustainable Forestry Services
With a proud 25 years of experience in forestry, we are experts in sustainable management of forests. Our extensive expertise and passion for the forest, forms the foundation of our commitment to responsible forest management on our farm as well as for our customers.
Ecological Forest Management with Highly Specialized Machinery
Our expertise lies in ecological forest management, where we rely on state-of-the-art, highly specialized machinery. This equipment enables us to maintain the forest in its natural balance while ensuring sustainable wood production. Through precise and gentle work methods, we minimize the ecological footprint and ensure the long-term health, biodiversity and productivity of our forest.
Our Forestry Equipment Includes:
- Ponsse Fox Harvester
- Ponsse Buffalo King Forwarder
- Prime Tech 300 Mulcher
- FAE SFM Stone crusher & forestry tiller
- Menzi Muck Spider Excavator with different attachments like stump grinder, MVD 700 grapple saw or a screen bucket
- Dozer JD 750 with Rake for Land clearing
- Dumper for gravel hawling
- John Deere 450 Excavator
With wild fires on the rise, fire mitigation becomes very important to prevent and contain the spread of wild fires in order to protect the forest. Our specialized equipment ensures that fire mitigation lines can be created with maximum efficiency.
As a forward -thinking approach in the sustainable use of our forest, we practice subsistence forestry on our farm:
- By utilizing the wood from our own forest for our sawmill, we´re able to create a closed-loop system that fulfills our own building needs. This approach minimizes the need for external resources, reducing environmental impact.
- The material generated from thinning the forest is processed into firewood. By producing wood chips, we obtain fuel for our heating systems, which we use to heat the farm buildings. This creates a self-contained value cycle.
The Forest as an Important Recreational Factor
We understand that the forest is not only a valuable economic factor but also an indispensable place for recreation. It provides space for relaxation, exercise, and nature experiences. Therefore, it is our special concern to preserve and protect the forest as a habitat for flora, fauna, and people.
Our mission is to preserve the treasures of the forest so that future generations can enjoy them as well.